Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An Edgar and Evelyn Update

As promised, I just wanted to drop a quick post letting anyone interested know where the "Edgar and Evelyn" errand stands.

First of all, the photograph itself was taken sometime around 1915. Edgar was born around 1910 and Evelyn around 1914. The photograph was taken in Jamestown, New York and the family according to the 1920 and 1930 census lived in Stockton, NY. Stockton is about 18 miles northwest of Jamestown.

Both were married, so I am hoping that the each had children and grandchildren to locate. Edgar passed away in 1970, Evelyn in 1997. I am presently working on collecting obituaries for them hoping to get the names of surviving children. Sometimes libraries will only give this information out for an hourly research fee, but they are free to look up if you are physically at the library. Perhaps an antiquing road trip to that area may be in order...

Just a final note on this kind of search. I am not worried at all about finding a person that this photograph should belong to, but my greatest worry is finding this person and them not caring at all that the photograph exists. That would make it doubly sad.

I will post again soon.

1 comment:

Gregory said...

Really enjoyed the articles and your blog. I'd also like to invite you and your wife back to Treasure Quest.

Greg